Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Later that same trip...


Where was I?
Oh, yes, Paris.
I spent the day shooting from a converted aqueduct that's been made into a lovely walking path in the sky. How cool. Virgil (from the photo group) and I spent an hour up there and then landed in Place Bastille in time for the demonstration. The government has raised the retirement age to 62 and everyone's pissed. Not just because they want to retire earlier, but because with all the unemployment among the young, they need to free up some jobs around here... Sounds reasonable to me.
Everyone-I mean cops to steelworkers to hospital crews- were in the parade.
I wanted one of those nifty red and black "Je lutte par classes" (I fight for the classes...")stickers everyone was sporting, but couldn't find whoever was giving them out. If I am detained at the airport on my way out of here it will be because of all the leftist screed I have packed in my luggage.
The metro was crammed beyond everything I've ever experienced because of the strike and the fact that I got on at a terminal where all the paraders got on. Metro strike here translates more to a slow-down. One train every 11 minutes instead of 6. New Yorkers would go crazy at that kind of efficiency.
Walked home from the Gare d'Austerlitz and sat reading in the park for a while. Shot a lot of kids playing and on the carousel, etc. People here are not as paranoid that everyone over the age of 18 is a pedophile... They actually are fairly laissez-faire.
Then here to home where D was waiting for me. AND I got a metro pass which I couldn't round up yesterday.
So far- movie total- "Love in the Afternoon", and a new doc, "Cleveland vs. Wall Street".
More to come, and another web album. Sorry about everything being in French, but the pix are the same as in English!
So I just want you to know that as the jet lag fades, I begin to fall in love once again with this spot...
Wish you were here....

No comments:

Post a Comment